Monday 13 June 2011

PH CARPOOL: PORSCHE BOXSTERS

"After checking the classifieds the exact car I wanted turned up After a week I was driving home in it - which was totally surreal as I was still 19 and in my second year of Unit. It took a long time to sink in that I had achieved my goal so early.

PORSCHE BOXSTERS

"I remember only the second time I used all the power pulling away from a set of lights and the back end stepping out which made me realise just how careful you have to be. The best thing about the early Boxster S is that they have no electronic aids apart from the ABS so it really does feel like it's just you and the car. I pretty much always have the roof down.

"The car isn't a garage queen either, as it's my only car and gets used every day taking me to Uni' (which provokes some funny looks from other students, if only they realised that their year-old Focus was more expensive) and I have taken the car on a number of weekend breaks. Despite what people think, the car isn't that expensive to run. My Dad helped me replace all four CV boots and change all of the rusty bolts to stainless ones. Also I fill it up with Shell V power and the mpg averages at over 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More